- 9.20.10,"Debunking the Islamophobia card," Legal Insurrection by W. Jacobson
- Keep in mind that domestic public opinion against the location is widely denigrated in the mainstream media, left-wing blogosphere, and academia, as necessarily reflecting Islamophobia.
The truth is that the trajectory of Islam in America (and Europe for that matter) is at variance with the play of things in Islam's main habitat. A survey by Elaph, the most respected electronic daily in the Arab world, gave a decided edge to those who objected to the building of this mosque—58% saw it as a project of folly.
Elaph was at it again in the aftermath of Pastor Terry Jones's threat to burn copies of the Quran: It queried its readers as to whether America was a "tolerant" or a "bigoted" society.So does that make 58% of the Arab world "Islamophobic"?
The split was 63% to 37% in favor of those who accepted the good faith and pluralism of this country.
Something is going on here which was obvious even before this survey. The constant agitation over Islamophobia, like the constant use of the race card, is just another
- political tool to demonize people who happen to disagree.
So the next time someone screams "Islamophobia" once the topic of the Corboda mosque comes up,
- tell them to tell it to the Arab world."
- This doesn't even touch on the many financial and legal problems
- that normally terminate real estate deals and
- should have stopped this one before it began. ed.